Find Life Outdoors
As a community of faith, our Camp Roger and Camp Scottie staff is praying for those affected by COVID-19, as well as the leaders within our communities making difficult decisions. As a camp that loves kids, we are saddened by the loss of community that kids will experience throughout the time that schools are closed. We miss hearing our outdoor education and homeschool classes laughing and playing in the woods.
As of Monday, March 16, our outdoor education classes, homeschool classes, and rental groups are currently canceled through April 13 to honor social distancing and health safety best practices directed by our state, the CDC and the Kent County Health Department. We will continue to follow their guidance on the timing of when we may resume outdoor education and retreats and will update if more cancellations need to take place.
We have seen a growing and urgent desire for educational, spiritual, and recreational resources for school students who are at home with their parents during this time. Our terrific outdoor education staff and summer camp staff have pulled together online content available at https://bit.ly/CampRogerYouTube to continue our mission of helping kids encounter and celebrate God’s love for his children through relationships and experiences in creation. Whether in their backyard, a local park, or eventually back on our property, we want kids outdoors enjoying our wonderful world.
Visit the Camp Roger and Camp Scottie Facebook/Instagram accounts for updated information. In the meantime, we encourage you to get kids outside, create adventures, and breathe fresh air. Spring is coming!
Camp Roger and Camp Scottie
Free downloads that go along with our scavenger hunt video!
More FREE and FUN stuff from your friends at Camp Roger and Camp Scottie!
Since we are all home and many of us are missing camp as well as the excitement of March Madness, we decided to make our own version of it based on our favorite things of Overnight Camp at Camp Roger! We’re calling it…Camp Madness!
Here is how it will work:
1. Print off the Camp Madness brackets for each member of your family and fill them out (this includes North, South, East, West, and the Final Four). Use this link: https://bit.ly/CampMadnessBrackets
2. Vote each day! We will be voting on two to four match ups each day. Voting will be open for 24 hours for each poll.
3. We will be posting polls on Instagram each day - two in the morning and two in the evening.
4. Instagram is the only place you can vote, but keep your eyes on both Facebook and Instagram for updates and results as well.
5. Every few days, we will release an updated bracket so you can check your bracket choices at home!
6. Deadline to complete your brackets is Monday, March 30. Polling begins on that day!
We hope this will be a fun thing to do with your family and will spur on great memories of summer fun at Camp Roger Overnight Camp!
Year-Round Programs Connecting Children and Families to God’s Creation
We can’t wait for you to get here! We have fun adventures planned for day camp, overnight camp, and wilderness trips in 2020!
Explore the woods with your school, homeschool group, or organization. Each experience can be customized for your group to maximize learning.
Retreats and Rentals
Make camp your home for a day or a weekend! Our facilities at Camp Roger and Camp Scottie are perfect for churches, youth group retreats, family reunions, or corporate retreats.